Saturday, October 20, 2012

Week 9 Prompt, 1 of 3

I enjoyed making this list much more so than I thought I would!

42. Try one of these lists about yourself:

1. I think the best way to roast a campfire marshmallow is to burn it, peel off and eat the outer layer, repeat, and then lightly brown the remaining part and enjoy.
2. I sleep with a stuffed Fizgig in my bed.  The other side of the bed is usually taken up by a giant ice cream sandwich pillow.
3. I'm trained in level one Reiki.  My training completion certificate was accidentally left in the glove compartment of a car in New Zealand.
4. I stick my metaphorical head in the sand when problems overwhelm me, which is often.
5. I consider myself a foodie.  I fantasize about learning new cooking techniques, and all the tools and gadgets I'll have to help me do it.
6. Purple has always been my favorite color, closely followed by blue and green.
7. Sometimes I have incredibly intense, vivid dreams, with elaborate plots.  They're soon forgotten in the morning light if I don't write them down.
8. I desperately want to please people, but can never trust that I truly have, even when they say they're happy with what I've done.
9. I think reading a good book is akin to a parched person drinking deeply of cool water.
10. I worry too much.  I worry about problems that haven't even become problems yet too much.
11.  I'm obsessed with pugs.  All of my family members know about Simon, the (now) imaginary pug that I plan to buy someday.
12.  I love chocolate but can't stand chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.
13.  When no one is looking in a park, I sometimes hug a tree.
14. I have the worst temperament - quick to anger, slow to cool.  It's getting a little better with age though.  I think.  :-)
15. I left one of my tastebuds on a piece of paper in a refrigerator in a hotel in Osaka, Japan.  It's one of two taste buds I've accidentally left in Japan, and one of four I've lost and attempted to save (and failed at) for some hilarious, undefined purpose.  I sometimes worry that no one else seems to lose tastebuds.
16. I have a track on a CD that is just the sounds of humpback whales singing.  When I listen to it, I cry.  I tried to share that magic with my classmates in high school once, and they laughed at the noises.  I silently hated them for that.
17. Several times at parties I have been mistaken for the most drunk person in the room.  I hadn't even touched the liquor.
18. When I was in grade school I pretended for the longest time to understand how to read a clock.  I didn't understand at all, and I didn't get how other people were able to do it.
19. I'm too hard on myself, much of the time.
20. Tuesdays with Morrie is my standard go-to present for people I only know sort of well.
21. I still feel embarrassed about events as far back as middle school, even though I'm surely the only one who even remembers anymore.
22.  I once found a live squirrel in a toilet.  And another time a live leech.  I have four strange toilet experience stories I save as ice breakers when meeting people.  They either go over really, really well or horribly, horribly wrong.
23. I used to be able to watch horror movies, but now they bother me too much.  I haven't watched one in several years.
24. I have a penchant for writing haiku, and reading the old-style Japanese ones.  I love Kaga no Chiyo's haiku about the morning glories growing along the well.
25. Every year I make plans to build a gingerbread house for Christmas, and every year I fail to do so.  I worry, too, about eating too much candy while making one.  Maybe this year will be the year I build one.
26. If I was rich I would have my own private massage therapist and get massages every day.
27. I learned how to tie a shoe using a shoe box with lace threaded through it.  It took me a really long time to figure it out, but I finally did.  Then a few months later my mom bought me velcro sneakers.  When I finally upgraded to a new (laced) shoe, I had to relearn shoe-tying.
28. I'm easily irritated with puzzles.  I feel like I have the brain power to solve them, but not the patience.
29. I'm a talented loon caller, along with several other animal calls.  I try not to do it often at lakes though, as the loons will get worked up upon hearing the call (it's territorial).  It's really funny to watch people on docks looking for the non-existent loon though.
30. Sometimes I wish I was walking down the street and suddenly I and all the people around me would break out into song and dance.

1 comment:

  1. Here, you see, constrained by the form (think haiku, I guess) you are constructing one successful mini-vignette after another. Take a look if you don't believe me!

    The very short form obliges you to give up what you know and instead to be what you are. (This Sunday morning faux-mysticism is fun! I am ordinarily a scoffer when the subject of anything the least bit 'soft' comes up!)

    ReplyDelete