Monday, September 3, 2012

Journal, Day 3

Today was a bit of a slow day, so not too much to report.  My boyfriend and I embraced our inner children by having root beer floats.  It was nice to giggle over soda-foam.  I suppose I've become too much the adult though, because I guiltily thought about high fructose corn syrup from time to time.  I really miss the days when stuff like that would never have occurred to me!!

Lots of good personal conversations with him.  Watching him recover from his crazy camping trip.  Trying to catch up on reading for a class.  A slow day.  I wish this whole coming week was vacation; there never seems to be enough time in the day now.

The sun was such a brilliant orange tonight.  Sometimes the beauty of the night sky in Bangor makes me wistful for Tekapo, New Zealand.  The skies there were absolutely amazing.  I love to travel, but I always feel heartsick for the people and places I've known, afterwards.

Time to let night seep in, the slow enveloping of darkness, so much more peaceful than the chaos of day.  And with that I bid an "oyasumi!"

2 comments:

  1. My wife and I embraced our inner children about a week ago, but we let our outer adults buy the expensive cane-sugar root beer! It's pretty near impossible to escape King Korn, however, and the ice cream probably was loaded with corn syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is quite frustrating to see more chemicals in food than there are in household cleaners these days! My karate instructor and I were lamenting how hard it is to eat a "clean" diet. I might slip once in a while, but will continue to strive to eat well.

    ReplyDelete