Thursday, September 6, 2012

Journal, Day 6

Today was blessedly free of any major health disaster thankfully!  Unless you consider a lack of sleep a health disaster, which I suppose I do since I put zombies to shame when I haven't gotten a proper night's rest.

This morning I got into my car to find the gift of a beautiful feather on my windshield.  Many little bird poos as well, but a delightful red cardinal feather pasted to the moisture on the glass, perhaps as an apology for using my car as a toilet.  A quick nab and a few heavy duty windshield wipes later, and good as new and my little red friend joined me on the dashboard.

Work was work.  Being a zombie perhaps didn't help.  I'm not the coffee drinking sort though, and try hard not to resort to such things as a means of waking up.  My last job had free coffee all the time, and I shamefully partook of such a service more often than I should have.  But considering how my behavior after even just half a cup gives people the impression that I have some sort of drug problem, I think it's for the best that I don't slide back into the habit.  I do wish that all work places had emergency napping stations though.  And recess.

Back to Bangor to get some work done.  I don't like the drive, in that it is very time consuming to go to and from work, and I worry about the cost of gas and the wear and tear on my car, etc., etc.  But I do enjoy the time for slow contemplation of things.  The pastures and trees put my mind into a peaceful, meditative ease.  I find my mind wanders far and wide, on my commutes.  Home, that is.  To work I am usually too consumed with the day's tasks to consider anything else.  I really ought to get back into my peaceful morning meditations!

Dinner with my man, brief because he had to work late.  Exhaustion claimed me, I found myself face down on the bed.  Up, waking up, shake it off and back to work.  I find I am so easily wiped out, compared with others.  My boyfriend said "but you're not them, so let it go".  I remember how I used to stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning, in college.  Now I'm lucky if I can make it past 11 pm.  But, too, I can enjoy the gentle light of morning much better than I was ever able to before.

Pitch black outside right now, and time to wind down, methinks.  There's never enough time in the day to get the things done that I want to get done.  This shall be my lament for a while more, I think, until I get my feet under me once and for all.  Ah, well.  Oyasumi!  (Good night!)

1 comment:

  1. "a delightful red cardinal feather pasted to the moisture on the glass, perhaps as an apology for using my car as a toilet."

    Nicely put, interesting thing to note.

    " do wish that all work places had emergency napping stations though. And recess."

    Try working in early childhood education...?

    ReplyDelete